Skip to content
- 1 quart of heavy cream
- 10 large egg yolks
- ½ cup of granulated sugar
- ½ cup of sugar in the raw (Turbinado sugar)
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix:
- heavy cream
- egg yolks
- granulated sugar
- Arrange six 8-ounce ramekins on a baking sheet. Pour the batter into each cup. Bake until the custard has set and is no longer liquid in the center. (About 70 to 80 minutes.) Cool to room temperature.
- Sprinkle sugar in the raw over the custards, covering the entire surface evenly. Turn the ramekins upside down quickly to remove any excess sugar. Slowly run a blowtorch set at medium over the sugar. (You can also use a broiler to caramelize the tops by positioning the brûlées about 2 inches from the broiler. Move to caramelize evenly.) Garnish with chopped seasonal fruits.